Copyright © 2017 Porcelainplus.co.uk All Rights Reserved.
Made by Serif.
TEL: 01236 728436
FAX: 01236 728450
Kirk mob: 07787150066
Moira mob: 07870666945
CLEANING SPECIFICATION FOR KEOPE PORCELAIN TILES
Under no circumstances has a cleaner containing a polishing agent to be used to clean the porcelain
After the tiles have been grouted and cleaned in the normal way to remove excess grout using a sponge
and clean water the floor must be left to dry out.
The final cleaning process can begin.Using Keope 100 Cleaner which is an acid based cleaner supplied in
1 Litre containers.This substance is watered down in 10 parts water to one part Keope 100 cleaner (this
can be adjusted down to 5 parts water to 1 part cleaner depending on how stubborn the remaining
grout is on removal)
This is washed across the entire floor using a clean mop with a vigorous clean.Some foaming may take
place but this is normal.
Leave the floor to dry, depending on conditions could be anything from 1-
Using a different clean mop wash the floor again using copious amounts of clean water.
Again leave the floor to dry ,then give 1 final clean with clean water.
The tile should now be ready for use, the best way to test this is to keep 1 tile from the box that has
not been laid and place it next to the tiles on the floor and the finish should feel exactly the same.
For regular maintenance the floor should be brushed at the end of each day then using a clean mop and
clean water, washed down at the end of each day ready for the next day’s business. At no time add
any cleaning solution to the floor.
From time to time if the floor becomes marked in any way Keope 200 supplied in 1 litre containers can
be used using the same formula for mixing as the Keope 100, to keep the floor looking like its original
Keope 100 Cleaner 1 Litre will cover roughly 35 Square Metres
Keope 200 Cleaner 1 Litre will cover roughly 50 square Metres
Kirk Pollock can be contacted at anytime on 07787-
with any of the above.
CLEANING THE FLOOR AFTER INSTALLATION
Above all, this washing procedure is necessary for smooth, or "lappato" floors because any residual
dirt marks are clearly evident.
As is often believed, it is not sufficient just to wash the floor after installation with water or by using
traditional products and it is absolutely not recommended to use diesel fuel, vinegar or solvents that
have not been specifically recommended.
Ceramiche Keope recommends the use of Fila products that are easily found on the market.
1. Remove the excess grout, dust and dirt deposited on the floor by using a broom or a vacuum
cleaning brush. This operation is very important because when applying the detergents, the floor
must not have any surface residues.
2. Dampen the cement grouting with some water to preserve it from the action of the detergents.
3. Use a solution of Fila DETERDEK detergent diluted 1:5 (1 litre of Deterdek diluted in 5 litres of HOT
water). This preparation should be enough to clean 100 m2. This product is slightly acid and its use
is necessary to remove all cement residues. Never use acids of a different nature to those
recommended for the cleaning of ceramic materials because it could be dangerous and cause damage
to the grouting.
4. Evenly spread the DETERDEK 1:5 solution on the surface to be treated using a broom and cloth, or
by using a motorised rotating brush.
5. Leave the solution to react for several minutes (at least 5 minutes), on the basis of the amount of
dirt to be treated. Never leave the solution to dry out on the floor.
6. For residential environments, scrub energetically, preferably using a large broom and a rough floor
cloth (it is better not to use floor mops), or by using a motorised rotating brush with Scotch-
discs for large surface areas. Be careful with the grouting.
7. Remove the DETERDEK 1:5 solution residue and ABUNDANTLY rinse with water to eliminate the
excess solution, taking care to frequently change the water and to clean the cloth often. The
detergent removal operations are fundamental, because often the marks that remain after this type
of washing are residues of detergents.
8. At this point a wash with a solution of Fila PS/87 is necessary, diluted 1:10 (1 litre in 10 litres of
water). This solution allows the removal of all organic stains (wax and resin) that have deposited on
the floor during the tile production and tile installation processes. In certain cases, it may be
necessary to wash the floor more than once with the diluted PS/87 solution.
9. Evenly spread the 1:10 solution of PS/87/water on the area to be treated by using a floor cloth.
Leave the solution to react for several minutes and then energetically scrub using a broom and cloth,
or by using a motorised rotating brush. Thoroughly scrub the floor.
10. Thoroughly rinse with water, taking care to frequently change the rinsing water.
11. Afterwards, check the floor surface; if the washing has not been satisfactory, repeat again with
Fila DETERDEK in a 1:10 dilution (1 litre in 10 litres of water) in the same way as described above and
finally rinsing well with water.
12. It is recommended not to walk on the floor for at least 24 hours afterwards.
Cleaning & Maintenance
|Individual Range Catalogues|
|New General Catalogue 2018|
|Lastre 2018 Catalogue|
|Summer 2018 New Launch|
|Modular Catalogue K Square|
|K 2 Paver Catalogue|
|K 2 Paver Grid System|
|Cleaning and Maintenance|
|Anti Slip Requirements|
|NBS M40 Tiling Specification|